Popular Jacksonville Area Neighborhoods
Julington Creek Plantation
There are two amenities centers at Julington Creek Plantation, the most recent addition to the community is the Recreation and Aquatic Center, built in 2008. It is a two-story $15M facility in a beautiful setting offering registered participants:
- Workout equipment, free weights, fitness classes, a clay court tennis complex, a fishing pond, basketball courts, a skateboard park, and a children’s playground.
- For social activities there is the Cyber Café, two community rooms and a teen center. Child care services are available. Also available are banquet rooms for a party or large dinner that can be reserved.
- The heated competition pool, family pool, waterslide, water park, and wading pool complement the three pools in the original Aquatic Center on the west side of JCP.
- An 18-hole golf course, the ‘Champions Club at Julington Creek’, meanders around the neighborhoods, through tall pine and oak forests.
- The landscaped common areas provide opportunities for bicycling, walking, and just sitting to enjoy the views. Residents can rent one of several picnic pavilions in the community for barbecues, meetings or other events.
- Many local attractions are nearby including: shopping, restaurants, banks, grocery stores, post office, county service center, property appraisers and tax office. Mills Field, a county complex with baseball fields, hard tennis courts and youth and adult sports programs is adjacent to the JCP community! Boaters can enjoy the nearby St. Johns River or kayak in the nearby creeks of St. Augustine and Jacksonville, just a short distance away.